Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Will I ever get started again?

May 10 will be the two-year anniversary of when I started my latest attempt to write a novel. If all had gone according to fantasy, I would be getting ready for a promotional tour right about now _ to promote my second best seller. Then it would be off to some paradise for a well-deserved month-long vacation, maybe even two months, to rest up and collect my thoughts for best-seller number three. Long gone would be the days of the 9-5 job (really 8-5 with that all-important lunch hour). The only schedule I would keep would be my own, or perhaps that of an editor or two. Dream on. I was hoping the blog would get me motivated to start working on it again. I think the end is in sight, if I could just get going. There's no good reason not to work on it. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, it just needs to be done. I keep telling myself that and then get right into bemoaning how awful it is. Well, that's all I can stomach for now. I'll probably be writing something very similar next week, unless I actually make some progress before then. How's that for motivation?

JMU86er

1 comment:

mkenny59 said...

hey, i just wanted to thank you for the comment you posted (mikekenny.blogspot.com). i appreciate it, and i'm glad you can relate to my fascination with old-school baseball players (i'm sure i have a buddy biancalana somewhere...good call.) anyway, i've been checking out your blog, and keep it up! good luck with the novel, although like you said, if i ever find that 40k gig, i'll let you know.